What is PresenTenseLA?
PresenTenseLA is the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles' social entrepreneurs fellowship that gives leadership skills, business tools and connections to those with creative ideas for engaging, inspiring and transforming the Jewish community. Over the 6-month part-time program, fellows learn how to take a rough idea on paper or a proposal to revamp an existing program and build it out to be a successful venture that will impact our community, our city, or our world.
The PresenTenseLA curriculum is taught through the use of seven different learning modules. Over the course of the fellowship, fellows will learn basic skills in:
- Determining Vision
- Storytelling & Pitching
- Environmental Scanning
- Marketing & Social Media
- Prototyping & Assessment
- Operations & Budgeting
- Friend-raising & Fundraising
NETWORK & RESOURCES
All Fellows are matched with a Coach and a Mentor from the local
community, and will have access to a network of subject matter experts and will learn from the experience of esteemed round table presenters.
- Based in the Greater Los Angeles area;
- Committed to pursuing an idea that will engage, leverage and inspire LA's Jewish community or advancing a local Jewish organization by incubating a new program/initiative;
- Interested in learning valuable tools and making important connections that will help you impact the world through
- Interested in developing a culture of innovation for the Los Angeles Jewish community.
Each Fellow is required to complete 6 venture milestones which correspond to these seminars. Fellows are expected to attend all scheduled programming, and monthly meetings with Coaches and Mentors. Fellows meet two – three times per month (either a weeknight or a Sunday afternoon) for a seminar, roundtable or workshop. If a Fellow fails to attend regularly, they may be removed from the program.